Friday 4 October 2013

Candy Corn!


Hey!

So it's the 4th which means its the second update for the challenge! 

I'm ashamed to admit that I had to actually google what Candy Corn is! We don't actually have that over in England.

After googling what they are, I decided that I was going to do the sponge effect.

I used the Rimmel London STRONGER base coat, Barry M Matt White, Miss Sporty Orange quick dry, Miss Sporty Clubbing Colours Yellow (the only yellow I own), a make up sponge, and my own home made Matte Top Coat.


Step by Step;

1: Firstly I applied my base coat.
2: I painted one coat of the White just so the colours would pop out more.
3. I got my make sponge and put one thin line of the yellow, another thin line of the orange and then the white all close together.
4: I then dabbed the sponge onto a bit of paper to help the colours blend a bit.
5: Then I pressed the sponge down onto my nail and dabbed it a bit to make sure the whole nail is covered.
6: I did this to all of my nails, then waited until they dryed to apply my home made matte top coat.

HOW TO MAKE THE MATTE TOP COAT FOR ALL US ENGLISH PEOPLE:
There's already a few tutorials around and they all said to use cornstarch, so after going to tesco and asking three people the same question, they all said they had no idea what it is, so we spoke to someone else and they reckoned the closest thing to it would be cornflour! 
So to make it, I used a foil case (like the ones you put custard tarts in) and poured about half a teaspoon of top coat into it, then put in about a quarter of a teaspoon of cornflour into the top coat, then get a old brush to mix it in, you can add more cornflour if you want to make it more thick, it will most likely look a bit murky so you just have to dabble around with it until you get it how you want. Then I brushed it onto my nail and waited for it to dry! 

If you got any questions, or want to give us ideas on what to do next then please pop up to us (and follow us) we're on twitter, tumblr, instagram and bloglovin' all of them with the same name; rrbeautyxo


Rebecca 

No comments:

Post a Comment