Sunday 22 September 2013

Get Ready With Me: Slightly Tousled/Curled Hair with Neutral Eyes and a POP of colour for the lips!

Hey everyone, it's Rosie again! I was just going to do a hair tutorial but my hair is so hard to handle when using products to give it volume and curl as it's just so straight it flattens easily :( Anyway, I tried to create a slightly tousled, curled hair look with neutral make-up but with a pop of colour for the lips, I hope you enjoy getting ready with me! :D

Products I used for my hair: Hairbrush, Salt Spray, Hairspray, Curling Iron, Heat Protection Spray, Batiste Dry Shampoo, Teasing Comb.
Products I used for my make-up:  Simple Soothing Facial Toner, Simple Hydrating Moisturiser, Simple Rapid Action Spot Zapper, Max Factor Colour Adapt in Natural (70), Rimmel London Concealer in Soft Honey (103), Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder in Transparent (001), Unbranded Eyeshadow Palette, Rimmel London Blush in Santa Rose (001), Rimmel London Soft Kohl eyeliner in Jet Black, Rimmel London Lash Accelerator Mascara & Extra Super Lash Mascara, a Pink Lipstick (sorry I don't know the brand name but I'm pretty sure you can get the same colour in the Rimmel London Kate Moss collection, or you can just match my lipstick to another one), Strawberry Lipbalm, Eyelash Curler.



How to achieve this look:
Hair: 
Step 1: First of all I brushed through my hair, this is the day after I've washed it.
Step 2: I then flipped my hair over and sprayed the underneath with my dry shampoo, then in the roots of my hair on top, gently massaging that through.
Step 3: I then used a cheap Salt Spray from Superdrug that you can get for £2.99!!
Step 4: Sectioning off my hair I sprayed on the under layers of my hair and ran my fingers through it to create volume and a slight wave. I then repeated this all over the rest of my hair.
Step 5: I then sprayed my hair with Heat Protective Spray and curled random parts of my hair that I wanted to have more volume and wave.
Step 6: I then used "Exquisite Hairspray" from Superdrug and sprayed that all over my hair.
Step 7: If you then want to have even more volume, spray your hair with the Salt Spray again!
Step 8: Finally I used a teasing comb to lightly tease my hair where I've curled it.

Note: I personally have just started using Salt Spray for about a month, as my hair is very naturally straight I have to do a lot for it to have a wave and stay in that wave! Also I would say that Salt Spray makes your hair feel quite dry, but then I knew that would happen anyway because it's meant to create that beachy wave look! :)

Make-up:
Step 1: I first applied my toner all over my face.
Step 2: Next I used my moisturiser to hydrate my skin.
Step 3: I applied a Spot Zapper on my spots as they tend to become rashy and very red :(
Step 4: Applied my Max Factor foundation with a Classic Paddle brush all over my face.
Step 5: I then used my concealer underneath my eyes using a small flat brush.
Step 6: I covered my face with the Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder to hold my foundation in place.
Step 7: I used a small flat brush with a brown shadow from an unbranded eyeshadow palette to fill in my brows.
Step 8: Using my eyeliner I gently created a thin line just above my lash line to create quite a neutral look and as if I have no eyeliner on.
Step 9: I gently curled my lashes.
Step 10: Then applied a coat of the Lash Accelerator and then the Extra Super Lash Mascara.
Step 11: I used a blusher brush to gently sweep over my cheeks with the Rimmel London blush.
Step 12: Applying the strawberry lipbalm and then waiting a couple minutes, I then applied the Pink Lipstick.


I hope you enjoyed how I did this hair/make-up tutorial! If you have any more suggestions as to what I can do and what you'd like to see, then tag rrbeautyxo on instagram/twitter & also check out our tumblr page!


Rosie 

No comments:

Post a Comment